Thursday, March 17, 2011

I am running for selectman in Milton

I am reaching out to you as Milton residents to ask for you support and help. As you may be aware I am a candidate for the open Selectman's seat in the April 26th Town election. Who am I?
For those of you who do not know me here is some background information:
·         Lifelong resident of Milton.  Raised in East Milton
·         Attended Milton Public Schools
·         Graduated from Northeastern University with a bachelor's degree in accounting.
·         Master's degree in taxation from Bentley College.
·         Reside with my wife of 37 years on Blue Hill Avenue near the Fire Station.
·         Two grown children attended Milton public schools and graduated from Milton High School.  
·         Certified Public Accountant
·         President of the firm Hurley O'Neill & Associates Certified Public Accountants.
·         Town Meeting member
·         Warrant Committee for six years. Chairman for two years.
Why do I want to run?
I have lived in Milton all of my life and I am proud to call it home. I am running becasue I think that I am qualified and I want to contribute to my community.
·         Thorough understanding of Municipal Finance
·         Years of experience auditing state & local government entities
·         Awareness of the various rules & regulation under which governments operate
·         Small business owner and employer of 20 people.
·         Led Warrant Committee served the Town through some of the most difficult financial times in Town history.
·         Problem solver.
·         Ability to unite people to focus on a common cause.
Follow me in this blog as I seek election.

No comments:

Post a Comment